Monday, November 9, 2009

Let's face it

I am no Susie Homemaker and will never be. Having a clean house has just never been one of my priorities. But the in-laws are coming next week and the house should be presentable, or so I am told. So it is very fitting that Virgina, Brittany and Lisa kindly motivate me to do some fall cleaning.

Here's what I'm doing:

  • make a plan each day to be for each room or cleaning/decluttering project.
  • take before & after pics and post 'em on your blog each night, along with which room you are doing the next day.
  • come back to my blog and post your blog entry to a linky thing (this way you can check out everyone elses' progress to keep ya motivated too!)
  • join in, even if you can only do something for 15 min. (EVERYONE can spare 15 minutes of straightening, throwing out something, cleaning up something, etc. and you'll feel so much better for it!)
  • keep in mind- this is not a competition. this is not going to earn your righteousness or give you the "woman (or man!) of the year award"! this is just a chance to tackle a few projects around home with the encouragement of friends.
  • BEWARE: don't get sucked into the deadly disease of Magazine Cover-itis! ;)

Figured if everyone else is doing it, why not me. Plus it's not like they are pressuring my to go smoke behind the bleachers. So today was my first day of cleaning/decluttering. I decided to tackle the upstairs bathroom. Even though we have a master bathroom I share the bathroom with the boys. We have a stand alone shower in the master and this claustrophobic prefers the tub/shower upstairs. So you can imagine how that tiny bathroom can become a quick mess with two boys and a mom using it.

Here is the before:
If you will notice I still have the paint rollers and brushes from when I painted the boys room last month. Well after about 30 minutes of cleaning I had a clean counter.
It is so nice to see a clean counter. I also accomplished some laundry but didn't take any pictures of that, seeing as it is still all over my couch. My next goal is to clean out the boy's closet.
I will be doing that over the next several days seeing as I work. But if you don't hear from me I got trapped in the closet by the Bioniacles or Thomas.
I wish I would have done more today seeing as I had the day off but I spent some of my time scrapping. I am telling you my priorities are out of whack. But I did manage to do this two pager which that in it self is an accomplishment for this scrapper.
Well for those that are still reading, I hope you have a clean week!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

you did good!! i didn't accomplish too much last night, but every little bit helps!! Today, I've just managed to make a mess, but it's not over yet. I'll get something cleaned!!

lucysinspired said...

great job, nubia.....i need to do something today..it's not looking good!