Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Tortilla Tuesday

Don't these just make your mouth water!


I finally broke down and made some today. Tortillas and I have a love/hate relationship. Why you ask? Well as much as I would love to eat them everyday it is a pain to make them. I don't know how my mom does it, for she make them everyday or just about. Sometimes twice a day! I am lucky to make them twice a month. Plus I can't find the flour to make them here so I have to ration what I have. I try and pick up a bag or two everytime I go visit my parents. So tonight I feast like a good mexican should!

In scrap news....I have been trying to improve my card making skills. I don't like making cards. I only make them when I have to. Mainly because I don't do anything with them. But my MIL likes them. She actually appreciates hand made items. So now that I feel like they serve a purpose, I find myself making them a little more often.

My Little Shoebox: patterned paper and die cut, American Crafts: thickers, cardstock

My Little Shoebox: transparency, little alphas and patterned paper, cardstock

My Little Shoebox: patterned paper and little alphas, cardstock



I hope everyone has a great week!

3 comments:

Gretchen said...

cute cards! and don't try to make the rest of us feel bad with your tortilla-making skills. most of us just buy them 10 to a bag at the grocery store!

gimmegodiva said...

i first read the title as "tequila Tuesday" and got a little excited. but tortillas are fun too! I had no idea you needed special flour. Cool. We need a group lesson!

bodyhacker said...

Great job making your own! We love tortillas too and have them everyday for at least one meal - Breakfast (egg burritos), Lunch (Wraps with veggies, turkey and some with fruit), Dinner (pizzas) and even desserts!

Although too lazy to make our own but really want to try someday! :-) For now we use La Tortilla Low Carb/low calorie.

Also great cards!