Thursday, August 20, 2009

it's official


First of let me start out by saying that for the past five years we have been a family. Nothing anybody says or does can take that away from us. But as of today Isaiah is officially a Posey and Trey is legally his dad!


Now of course this a huge day for Trey. He has always loved Isaiah as if he was his natural born son but now he can give him his name and as he says NO one can take him away from him. I too, am very happy. For the longest time, before Trey that is, I seriously thought I would always be a single mother. Therefore, I never was expecting to meet anyone because I figured I wouldn't find anyone good enough to be my husband much less a father to my son as well. So I am very blessed that the Lord put Trey in my life and let me realize that there was someone out there that could do both. Isaiah was excited that a) he got to leave school early and b) he gets to change his last name to match the rest of ours. He doesn't understand all the legality of it and he doesn't need to. All he needs to know is that his dad loves him and will always be there for him. So I would like to thank all of our family and friends who gave us their support and prayers to let everything happen as smooth as possible.
Hope everyone has a great night!

4 comments:

gimmegodiva said...

Yay!! So happy for you guys!!!

Virginia said...

Congrats girl, that is awesome!

Lisa said...

Oh I'm so happy for you!! Congrats to the whole family!!!

Michelle Whitlow said...

congrats :)